KLoBot has the ability to create a knowledge base that will train the chat bot to respond using a customized question and answer document or FAQ link. This feature has been implemented in the Knowledge Builder page.
Knowledge Base (KB) – A list of questions with answers that has been customized by a user through a document file or through a link/URL to a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
Knowledge Base Main Page
Contains the basic functionality of managing Knowledge bases added in the Knowledge Builder
Allows the user to add a new KB to KLoBot.
- Knowledge Base Name – Contains the name of the KB to be created.
- URL – Contains the URL endpoint of a FAQ webpage.
NOTE: In order for the feature to work, the user must provide a web address to a website’s FAQ in the following format.
- Files – Allows the user to upload a document containing the FAQ.
NOTE: In order for the feature to work, the user must upload a QnA document in the following format.
- Add Document – Adds the document to the field. User has to click this button to successfully add the uploaded document to the KB.
- Enable Multi-turn Extraction – Allows the user to enable the multi-turn feature.
An allocation of KBs previously created. Users can manage a KB by clicking the KB.
Contains all the information of the KB created.
- KB Name – Contains the name of the KB. Users can edit the KB name in this section.
- Created On – Shows the date and time the KB was created.
- Modified On – Shows the date and time the KB was last modified.
- Edit Source – Redirects the user to the edit knowledge base page.
- Republish – Republishes the changes made within the KB.
Contains information to where the KB is being used by a skill and a chat bot.
- Skill name – Contains the skill name that is using the KB. It is a hyperlink that redirects the user to the skill builder.
- Scope – Contains the scope of the skill that is using the KB.
- Bots – Contains a list of the chat bots that are using the KB skill.
Manage Questions Page
Contains all the Question and Answers from the KB. Users can add, edit and delete a question. They can also insert a hyperlink in the answer.
Users can also assign a follow-up Prompt to an Answer in this section.
- Add Question – Allows user to add a new Question and Answer
- Question – Text area containing the question.
- Answer – Text area containing the answer.
- Save – Saves the changes made within the QnA.
- Insert Link – Opens a modal to insert a hyperlink to the answer.
- The hyperlinks vary depending on the type of data.
- Web Address – A regular URL web address. The user must enter a valid web address in the Address section.
- Email Address – Contains an email address to link to the user. The user must enter a valid email address.
- Phone Number – Contains a valid 9-digit phone number.
- Display Text – The hyperlink text that will be shown to the user.
- The hyperlinks vary depending on the type of data.
- Delete – Removes the QnA.
- Pagination – Redirects the user to the next set of QnA.
- Questions Column – Contains all the questions from the KB.
- Answers Column – Contains all the answers from the KB.
- Prompts – Allows the user to assign a follow-up prompt to the contained in the Answer.
- Question – Contains a list of follow-up questions from the KB. This will show as an option for the user to click.
- Answer – Contains the answer from the question selected from the prompt question.
- Save – Saves the follow-up question to the answer field.
- Cancel – Discards all the changes made within the follow-up question modal.
- Edit – Allows the user to edit the QnA selected.
- Cancel Changes – Discards all the changes made in the QnA.
- Insert Hyperlink – Allows users to insert a hyperlink. The user must highlight a word in the Answer field to insert a hyperlink.
- Save – Saves changes made in the QnA.
- Remove – Deletes the QnA.
- Sub- Navbar – A navbar that allows users to add, update changes made and discard changes. This navbar is shown when there are changes in the KB.
- Add Question – Adds a new QnA field.
- Update Changes – Saves and updates the changes made within the KB.
- Cancel – Discards all changes made in the KB.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to create a KB?
- Go to the Knowledge Builder page and click Add Knowledge Base.
- Enter the Knowledge Base Name.
- . If you’re using a QnA from a website, provide the web address to the URL input field.
Click the + button. You can add up to 10 URLs.
- . If you’re using a QnA via a word document, click Choose Files and select the file with the QnA document. You can add up to 10 PDF or Word documents.
Once added, click the Upload button.
- To enable the multi-turn extraction, check the checkbox. This is optional.
- Click Save. You will receive some basic information regarding the KB. Click Publish.
- After creating the KB, you can edit the source, manage the questions and answers.
How to create a skill using a KB?
- Go to skill builder page then click Add a New Skill. Enter the skill name and Select Blank template. Click Create.
- In the skill properties section, set the Skill Category to FAQ.
- Select the KB in the KB list. Click Save.
- Navigate to the Navigation Bar and click Save as a Draft. Then click Publish.
- To test the skill, navigate to your chat bot and drag and drop the skill you just created.